So yesterday...
this happened.
And it was definitely one of the best days EVER.
So, in an effort to remember exactly how it played out, I am going to write it down!
I had a feeling October would be the month Tom proposed to me, so I vowed to do my nails every weekend this month. Luckily I only had to do it once:)
We woke up bright and early yesterday morning to have breakfast at the pumpkin farm.
This place has THE BEST apple cider donuts ever. So we had those, I had a Chai tea and Tom had a hot caramel apple cider. Not important details, but whatever.
We then roamed around feeding goats and things (my favorite part of the pumpkin farm) and then we hopped a wagon to ride out to the pumpkin patch.
This was no ordinary pumpkin patch.
This was the king of all pumpkin patches.
We walked as far as we could, up to the very edge of the pumpkin patch. Right there ^^^^
And once we were there, Tom starting saying something about being lucky we found each other (I got nervous and said something cool like, "Yes, like finding the perfect pumpkin in the patch.")
Then he knelt down, got mud on his pants, and asked me to marry him! To which I said yes, of course.
He presented me with this:
Which was so incredibly perfect. Because I absolutely love fall, pumpkins, Halloween, and anything related to all of those things.
After the pumpkin farm, we headed back to Tom's house to relax and share the news before packing up and heading off to a surprise destination for an overnight stay.
Turns out, Tom had booked the room at the Stoney Creek Inn, where I had always wanted to stay!
So we spent the night eating, drinking, lounging around and having a wonderful time.
Free celebratory cake from the restaurant
Champagne and chocolate, courtesy of mom and her boyfriend
And here is a video of us basically explaining our day and being excited...
Eventually I'll do a post about our preliminary wedding plans and things, but for now, we're just enjoying being engaged :)
I couldn't be happier. Truly, Tom has one of the kindest hearts of anyone I've met, and he is my best friend and soulmate. I can't wait to marry him!
I couldn't be happier. Truly, Tom has one of the kindest hearts of anyone I've met, and he is my best friend and soulmate. I can't wait to marry him!
Hope you all had a lovely weekend <3


Congratulations! How exciting for you both! That is just the most wonderful news! Enjoy the newly engaged feeling and the fun of planning your wedding! Can't wait to hear all about it! :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, it's such an exciting time! :)
Delete