Thursday, March 1, 2012

Writer's Block

It is our last newspaper to put out for two weeks.

Me in the office. With my neverending stream of caffeine.

Let me just say: I am utterly, completely thrilled by this. A break is totally called for. Now, that doesn't mean I won't have work to do. Because, um, I'll probably end up having more stuff to do.

Different stuff. And that's okay with me, as long as it's not writing on deadline. Which I love, but hey, it gets old after several weeks nonstop. 

This morning I'm trying to write the editorial for this week, and let me tell you...it ain't happening.

Instead, I will make some coffee, do my homework and take a hot shower. 

But for now, I will pretend that I will be somewhere exotic over spring break, somewhere I can wear cute swimsuits and SPF 65. Fabulous.

Instead, I will be visiting my daddy, stepmom and stepbrothers in St. Louis. I miss them like crazy, so really, it's better than an island somewhere.

Where are you jetting off to this spring break? 


3 comments:

  1. St. Louis?! That sounds fun :) Yey for being done with the old and starting something new. I have always wanted to work for a Newspaper, It's like a dream of mine. I don;t know when Spring break is but I am going on my honeymoon in 2 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, how exciting! I can't wait to see how that goes! I just love weddings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww I wish I had a spring break.
    great post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...