Monday, March 5, 2012

Spring Cleaning

I love March.

I mean, not really. It's typically kind of gross and snowy and sometimes has hints of spring, which makes me fervently antsy for some sunshine. But it's a transitional month, and I like those.

In honor of the upcoming season, I did some closet cleaning and sold some clothes. I usually donate, but I figured this time around I could use some extra cash, seeing as I'm a broke college kid and all that.

Also in the spirit of spring, I finally got me some cowboy boots! Cowboy-ish boots. On sale. Fantastic.
I love them enough to put up this photo despite my legs, who haven't seen the light of day in ages. A worthwhile sacrifice.

Sidenote about all things country: 
I grew up in the Chicago suburbs. And as such, I grew up hating most things related to farms, corn fields and songs involving beer and honky tonks.
Then I come to central Illinois and I suddenly have a newfound appreciation for country music and small-town communities. And maybe even cows and llamas and things.
Hence the sudden urge to buy cowboy boots. But deep down, I'll always be a city girl at heart. Just one who loves Keith Urban.


Anyway, I had a fun-filled weekend filled with some quality friend time, so that post will be up later. I love my friends. They seriously make living totally worthwhile.

Happy Monday!


1 comment:

  1. LOVE the boots. And LOVE me some Keith. Your blog is too cute! Newest reader :)

    ReplyDelete