Saturday, March 22, 2014

I don't do....

Happy Saturday! Ahh, the weekend. Always over too fast. Last night we got to see Jim Gaffigan perform (hilarious) and today I am working on one of my side jobs and shopping with a friend! It's really hard to keep up side jobs with a full-time job. Once the weekend hits, I don't want to do even more work! But I have something I am working toward, so for right now, I'm going to try to keep it going.

This is a random aside, but I thought I should include it...I am growing an herb garden again! Lavender, rosemary, thyme and basil. The kitchen is going to smell delicious.


This post is something I saw on Stay Crafty My Friends, and decided to do for myself! So, here we go. Things I do not do!:

-Sleeping in: The past two to three weekends, I have been waking up and leaving the house at 6:30 a.m. to run errands. I have no idea why, but I really enjoy it. Sleeping past 8 makes me feel like I'm wasting my day, and I love how few people are out at that time of day.

-Games: Card games, board games, sports, etc. I will play if I am forced into it or if we are with a group of friends, and I usually enjoy it. But if you ask me if I want to play a game, in my head I will always be thinking "NO!" I have a hard time with movies, too. I don't like committing myself to anything that will take a couple hours. I've always been like this, and I kind of wish I was more into card games and things. But I would probably rather do the dishes.

-Trends: In terms of fashion, that is. Ninety-five percent of my closet is made up of solid sweaters and long-sleeved thermal shirts, jeans, boots and scarves. I rarely ever buy patterned anything. Today I am wearing this huge button-up sweater I got at a thrift store five years ago, jeans from high school and a plain, long-sleeved purple shirt. Occasionally I try to be exciting and buy something fresh and trendy, but then I never wear it.

This is my thrift wear sweater that I wear ALL the time. I think I wore that exact outfit yesterday:




-Makeup: This may be misleading because I do wear a tiny bit of makeup. Usually my daily go-to includes concealer where I need it, curling my lashes and lip balm. If I'm feeling fancy, I'll wear mascara. Usually I prefer not to because I forget and rub my eyes. I love the idea of makeup, but even when I try to put a lot on, it's barely anything.

-Heels: At the end of this list, you will probably realize that I dress myself like I live in the woods. Alone. I think heels are lovely. There are so many beautiful shoes in this world. But I go for comfort every time, even if I look like I'm fifty years older than I am. Even "comfy" heels aren't comfy enough for my feet. I might wear heels three times a year, if I have two weddings to attend and feel really girly one night.

-Cutesy fake word speak: Huge pet peeve of mine. HUGE! There is a blogger who I will not name that uses cute little words like "perf" for "perfect," "nast" for "nasty," "deets" for details,"adorbs" and all that. I had to stop reading because of it. And it's a pretty good blog, too, so it was sad when I couldn't look past the total and utter disregard for perfectly good words.

-Chicken: If I made it myself, or if I get any sort of "chickeny" taste from it, my day is ruined. Thankfully, the crock pot knows how to cook it just right, so I don't have to give it up entirely!

-Petty gossip: I get really uncomfortable around people who are judging someone for their appearance. I think that's the worst. Or just being really mean for no reason. Or making a snap judgement based on ignorance. It drives me nuts. The older I get, the more I try to stay out of it because it's completely useless and unproductive.

What are your don'ts? If you do one of these, let me know! :)


1 comment:

  1. Omg I'm with you on ALL of this except for heels and chicken. I absolutely love heels and I used to have a near obsession with them. But I don't own that many and I can never find the right occasion to wear them... My mom hates 'chickeny' taste too so she would probably agree with you on that.
    My mom has trained us not to sleep in past 8 (but I'm the only one who has the occasional sleep-in till 9 (hehe).. then I regret it because my day is wasted) and for that I'm thankful. I would totally rub my eyes if I put on any eye makeup. And yesssss!! what is up with cutesy words like deets?! The worst is TOTES for totally. I just... NO, just no. I do use adorbs but rarely.
    This was totes relatable btw (haha I'm cringing).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...