Monday, January 28, 2013

My thoughts on...fashion.

If you know me in person, you know I look like this 99% of the time:


It's like that scene in The Princess Diaries where Anne Hathaway looks in the mirror and goes "Yep. That is as good as it's gonna get."

But like...every. single. day.

So on this blog, I can tell you what you are *not* going to see pretty much ever.

Fashion posts. Where I say, "Look! I wore this cute outfit because I'm good at that sort of thing. I even pose really well and also look like a model."

No. 

That rarely happens in my life, and if it does, it is often by accident and no one gets a picture of it.

I applaud people out there who can do that, but I am just not one of them.
I lack any and all ability to take a decent photograph and be in a cute outfit simultaneously.

For example,

this:

(But I mean, even Tom the photogenic one struggled with this one. Dumb sun. And smudged camera lens.)


And this:


I can dress myself and all that, but I wouldn't call fashion (or photographing it, for that matter) my forte.

There are a total of two posts I can remember off the top of my head where I show off my fashionzz:

Here and Here.

So over the summer I attempted some cute, fashion-y type posts, but I just find that generally, my own clothes are nothing to post about. Unless I find something truly amazing that I just have to talk about and know that everyone should own.

Until that happens, my Pinterest fashion board is the hippest, coolest part of my clothing collection.

And my owl mittens. Which people still think are rabbits or squirrels.
And according to the strange man at the bar yesterday...they look like ghosts (?).


So I do apologize, but pretty fashion posts probably will not show up here anytime soon.

I try to make up for it in awkward tales and stalking blogs of those who know what they're doing when it comes to le fashion.

Some of my faves:


All of those blogs are gorgeous eye candy. Daily reads of mine.

Perhaps I will pick up a thing or two from them.
Until then, I am all about the mismatched socks and comfy scarves. 

Especially because it's January.

And gross outside.

Long live the sweater-and-thick-legging combo. Because I know I will be rocking that for as long as it is allowed.

-H



No comments:

Post a Comment