Friday, January 18, 2013

Are you a breakfast person? (+ smoothie recipe)

I am always starving in the morning.

As a little kid, I remember struggling to fall asleep because I knew we'd just bought delicious new cereal, and I couldn't wait to wake up and eat it.

(Sometimes I still have that problem when I buy new coffee things for the Keurig machine.)

I'm the kind of person who is always up for heading out the door at the crack of dawn to hit up the local diner, whip up huge omelets in the morning or grind up a smoothie really loud and piss off my whole building. Seriously, if my mortal enemy asked me to get breakfast with them, I would have to say yes.

I HAVE to eat breakfast, or else my whole day is thrown off!

Lately I have been surprised at just how many of my friends either don't eat breakfast, or think breakfast food is gross, or are never hungry until at least noon.

That's crazy talk. And I may have judged each one of them for a short while before getting on my soapbox and delving out all kinds of reasons breakfast is the bee's knees.

Well, I'm not going to do that to you.

But I am going to share with you the breakfast smoothie I have been addicted to this week!


Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal Smoothie

-1 banana
-About 1 cup original almond milk (I add a little more)
-2 tbsp peanut butter
-1/4 cup rolled oats
-1 tbsp ground flax seed (Optional)
-3-5 ice cubes

Just toss it in a blender and you've got breakfast!

Usually I just eat oatmeal in the morning, but this is definitely yummier and more filling.

I bet I could even get my non-brekkie (that's a word now) friends to drink this.

Anyone out there a breakfast fiend like myself?

And for fun...




Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Uhhh, that looks delicious! Ha ha, I have been a newly addict to peanut butter (it is not so super popular over here) and it would perfectly serve the course, ha ha. I also love smoothies so I think me and that smoothie are a good match!

    I could not really get started the whole day without breakfast. Only when I have done my workout in the morning my stomach would accept having breakfast a little later.

    Love,
    Svenjaxx

    Happybluebird

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm addicted to smoothies at the moment, especially in the morning! ...I think it's a summer thing for me. There's nothing better than a smoothie on a hot day. I'm definitely going to give this smoothie a try tomorrow morning...provided no one eats the last banana :')

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried it, fell in love with it and I'm currently writing a post about it on my blog! :) I'm using your image for my post, I hope you don't mind! I guzzled the smoothie down so fast that I forgot to take a picture until it was too late!
    Amazing smoothie! I'm in love! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...