So it is the winter time.
(Minus the snow.)
The season for cookies and candy and cocoa and things.
My diet is pretty much half elf, half rabbit.
Sugar and veggies.
Not the best, but I do toss in some meat and eggs every now and again.
So I thought I would share a few of my staples!
Green Smoothie
Now, I cannot really take credit for this recipe. It's brilliant, and I found it here,
from Kimberly Snyder. But I make variations of it.
And it's not very scientific, but this is approximately how it goes:
-1-2 bananas
-Half cup 100% fruit juice
-2 cups spinach (sometimes I use kale too, but make sure it's chopped up really
well or it'll kill the blender)
-2 cups romaine lettuce
-1 celery stalk
-Apple
-Pear
-Juice of half a lemon
-1 tbsp ground flax seed
-However much water you'd like. I add just enough to keep things a blendin'.
It looks a little frightening and at first it kind of feels like you're eating grass. BUT I have been having them pretty much every day since Halloween, and now I crave them. They're totally refreshing, and you get more produce in a day than most people get in a week.
And they give me a lot of energy. So I'd say if you haven't tried a smoothie incorporating greens before, you should give it a go! Not as scary as they look, I promise.
My Favorite Breakfast
-Oatmeal
-1-2 tbsps almond butter
-Some kind of fruit
I love this, especially in the winter. And it's amazing especially with frozen blueberries, because the outside warms up and the inside stays cool.
Delicious, and so filling.
(P.S.-Tommy made that bowl for me last Christmas! Perfect oatmeal/soup/ice cream bowl.)
Mini Cheesecake
So if you're like me and have a constant sweet tooth, this is a great snack. The ingredients seem a little odd, but trust me, they taste like a cheesecake when you eat them all together.
-Graham crackers
-Cream cheese
-Chocolate chips/strawberries/bananas/grapes...lots of things are good with this!
So there you go!
Also, I may do a vlog this week.
Get excited.
Good luck to everyone on finals/Christmas shopping/other December madness!
No comments:
Post a Comment