Sunday, August 12, 2012

Video: Trip to Springfield

 Hello!

I made a video of our trip to Springfield. It's clearly one of my first attempts, but it was kind of fun.
Some disclaimers:

1.) There is a scratch on my camera's screen. Poor thing. So that's what the large, gash-like looking line is from. In case you thought the sky was falling apart.
2.) Music starts kind of suddenly a little bit into it, so be prepared.
3.) The music is "Friday Night" by The Darkness.
4.) I've been singing a lot lately. You'll get a glimpse of that magic.


Springfield 2012 from Heather Swick on Vimeo.



I bet you really want some fair food now. And let me just say, if you've got a hankering for anything...anything AT ALL...on a stick, they've got it.

Pizza on a stick?
Yes.
S'mores on a stick.
Done.
Want some deep-fried Kool-Aid on a stick?
It exists.
Alligator on a stick?
Sketchy, but yes, they have it.


We also got to watch a cowboy stick his head in a barrel of rattlesnakes and saw at least a thousand giant, blinged-out belt buckles.
It was everything I had ever hoped the State Fair would be and more. 




The Illinois Capitol Building.


The Dana-Thomas House, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in the early 1900's. 

Botanical Gardens.



















I found a new effect! We celebrated 15 months yesterday, so a kissing photo was necessary.

Thank you, Tommy, for the lovely day:)

1 comment:

  1. I love fairs! I always go for that fresh squeezed lemonade. Num.

    ReplyDelete