Sunday, August 5, 2012

Dear vehicle... those weren't for you.

Once upon a time, there were 24 white cupcakes with lime buttercream frosting, all made lovingly for a summertime party with friends.


Then I ate two, and there were 22 remaining. (In case you can't subtract, like myself. I may have done that calculation with a calculator. Kidding. Or am I?)

And after making sure the car cooled off properly for the cupcakes not to melt on the three hour drive to said party, I packed them into the car, snug and safe.
Safety is an illusion...

Five minutes into the drive, a car slammed on their brakes suddenly.

And 15 cupcakes face planted onto the back seat.

That means there were 7 left for a party of definitely more than 7.

I gave the rest to my boyfriend's family. I made the frosting by hand. Time to invest in a good cupcake carrier.

Because plates with tin foil just don't do the trick.

The fun didn't end there..




Halfway through our drive, a nasty, threatening storm reared its ugly head over the poor, helpless cornfields. We needed that rain, but not while we were on the road!
My car was blowing around and we couldn't see much of anything, so we took shelter beneath an overpass, like everyone else. It was a rather stressful drive.
I cursed myself for watching "Twister" over and over again as a child.


But we made it, the storm cleared, and eventually we even got to swim.

My roommates and me. Being attractive.



Then we passed out while watching "A Series of Unfortunate Events." (Much like the drive there.)
Party animals.
But it ended up being a lovely weekend trip.


My Tommy. He's cute and plays guitar in a Spiderman hoodie. Dreamy :)


Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. those cupcakes look SO yummy it totally sucks that you lost them due to driving - i HATE traffic and when dumb things happen! the worst. still looks like a good time though!

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...