Tuesday, April 3, 2012

To hell and back.

Hello, and happy April!

I'm a big fan of April. You're so close to summer, but you still have some time left with your friends (for us college folk.) But it's also not quite may, so you're not quite into finals season yet.

SIDE NOTE: AS I WRITE THIS, THERE IS A SCREAMING BIRD IN THE TREE RIGHT BY ME. IT'S ACTUALLY SCREAMING. IT NOW HAS THE ATTENTION OF THE ENTIRE QUAD. PLEASE BE OKAY, LITTLE GUY!

Anyway. So this past week was absolutely, without a doubt, one of the hardest weeks I have ever lived through. Ever. One of those weeks that forces you to sit online for two hours finding inspirational quotes.

I liked this one, btw. I wrote it in huge letters on my dry erase board:

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."
Word, Churchill. Word.

To give you an idea, one the many things I survived was a major project that was due yesterday. And by major, I mean it took our group an hour and fifteen minutes to present–we even had to rush it–and we started working on it in early February. Killer. But that's done, and I am THRILLED.

Also, I got a new haircut! With bangs!



So...that made me happy. Every year, around the first of April, without fail, I chop my hair. Every. Single. Year.

So now a question for all of you: I am not the best at relaxing. Absolutely cannot do it. How do you unwind after a horrific week? 

Happy Spring!

:)







1 comment:

  1. Love the new hair cut! I unwind with wine or ice cream and reality tv. Not the healthiest of habits...

    ReplyDelete