Sunday, January 8, 2012

WHERE ARE YOUR PANTS?!


You know what I miss?


Sleep.


SLEEP.
I do not have time for that luxury when classes invade my life again! Everything is jam-packed, nonstop here. I'm loving it, but my body is not.

Also...I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO COFFEE!

None. It's a tragedy, really. 
(Never mind that there are people who don't even have access to clean water...)

But, it's the end of week one. I finished my paper and my journals and my readings (at an ungodly hour that won't be named, but finished all the same.)

And it is finally our one day off before we jump into week two here!
Thank goodness. I was in a constant state of slap-happy delusion, living off of cheerios and Sun chips.

Literally.

Also, seeing as it was Saturday night and all, I kept hearing yelling and giggling and high heels in the hallway at 4 a.m.
Either I have zero time management skills, or those people are able to finish writing a paper, go out and still manage to be alert the next day. 
But I'm not bitter.

...

Anyway, so yesterday was seriously gorgeous. We're talking breezy, 65 degrees, early May kind of beautiful. In January. 

We were SO happy. We had lectures to attend in the morning, but the afternoon was ours to do with it what we pleased. So the very first thing we did was head to Union Station and get greasy goodness at Johnny Rocket.

Smiley ketchup? YES!


After that, we took the train to Arlington Cemetery, meeting many creeps along the way.

Creep #1, outside Union:
"Well hello there! What's all your names?"

Creep #2 and #3, husband and wife on train:
Rachel and I sit together, Daniela sits across from us.
Creepy man: *Looks at Daniela, looks at us, looks back at Daniela* "Hey, you can just sit on her lap." *motions to wife*
Daniela: *Speechless*
Creepy man: "Doesn't she have nice boots?"(Daniela's boots)
Creepy woman: "She does! I want boots like that but with a flat heel, something to go with my dress.
Creepy man and woman: *Kiss grossly, say gross things*
Creepy woman: (To husband) "Babe, let me take a picture of you! You're so sexy. So sexy." *oddly enough, points camera at me...not husband."
Creepy woman, continued: "You're so fine. The finest man around." *Then points camera at Daniela...not at husband.)

We promptly exit.

Creep #4, at the end of the day, outside Union:
Creep #4: *Points to all of us* "All ya'll are sexy as shit. I just want you to know that."

Pardon the language, but that's exactly what happened. Creep #4 was our favorite, mostly because he kept walking.

So we go to Arlington Cemetery, and it was just stunning:















And then today (after sleeping well into the afternoon), we took a train downtown to check out some monuments.

The full afternoon moon. Which looks suspiciously sunny.

Daniela offering a large token of love to Rachel. Valentine's Day isn't for a month, ladies!




World War II Memorial










And about the title of this post...

Take a good, looong look.



Yes, those people are NOT wearing pants.
 Apparently it was a flash mob? Either way, two words for these people.
It's. January?!

Also, no one wants to see that. But since I was subjected to it, now I'm going to subject everyone else to it. You're welcome.

Anyway, I've got to get to sleep soon, ready to get back to the grind tomorrow.
Hope your weekend was great!








5 comments:

  1. this was so great to read! beautiful pictures!
    glad you're having fun =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could read your journaling for days on end, and still be eager to see what comes next. A little concerned, though, about your lack of sleep! Get some extra Vitamin C if you can. (File that under "grandmotherly advice".)

    I wish you'd seen the actual flash mob instead of just a bunch of people with no pants. As entertaining as the photo is, the performance was probably much better! **grin**

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha!!! That was fantastic! I cant believe all of the creeps and the pant-less people! Ha, you poor girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, well, after reading AOL's news page, I now know that what you saw was the annual "No Pants Subway Ride" started by "Improv Everywhere", according to Charlie Todd, the founder. They are famous for the original Grand Central Station (NYC) "frozen statue" mob, where at a certain time, a large number of people stopped moving and "froze" their actions. The group has been around for 10 years. I don't know if that's long enough to be considered the authors of the first flash mob, but it very well may be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, I'm definitely stocking on vitamins! Not much time for rest here. As for the mob of the pantsless people, I heard about the subway thing! I have to say, those people have guts.

    And mom, I am sure the subway will provide us with several more stories!

    ReplyDelete