Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer face savers

I don't know what it is about summer that drives me watch endless Laguna Beach episodes, but it does.

Even though I sit there all "These kids are so dumb. No one is like that in real life!" And then I watch another hour of that nonsense. Every. Summer.

Today is going to be a mishmash of things I have planning to blog about all week, and then didn't.
...I don't even have a good excuse for why I didn't. It's too hot outside to come up with something.

Random song for the first day of summer:



Since I have only work part time now, I have had extra time to do some pampering.
So I am going to tell you about my all-time favorite summer face mask recipes, which I have returned to this week. Because heat waves are rarely kind to my skin. The only problem is, I always want to eat them. Oh well.

****FOR SUNBURNS****


-1/2 cup greek yogurt
-2 tablespoons honey
-1 tablespoon ground oats

Combine the ingredients and leave on face for about 20 minutes. The greek yogurt and oats work to soothe and soften the skin, and honey helps draw out impurities without drying out the skin too much. I have dry skin, so I always tend to follow this by putting a little olive oil on my face.

****FOR DRY SKIN****

-1/2 avocado
-1 tablespoon honey

I am in love with avocado. It's smooth and indulgent, and feels just as luxurious as a mask. I use it in a hair mask as well, which I'll have to post soon.

****FOR ACNE-PRONE SKIN****

-Honey

I love to use honey as a mask all on its own. It helps when your skin is feeling completely out of control  or breaking out, and it's great for oily skin, too.

If you try any of those out, let me know how they work for you! Happy summer:)

I will leave you with this article about why you really shouldn't mess with the ocean.
(I was practically in tears. Hilarious as always, buzzfeed.)



2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try the honey mask! My face always breaks out like crazy in the summer here because it is SO hot. Thanks for these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to remember the honey mask the next time that I have a major breakout. I tried the honey, oats and yogurt mask once and it was so messy. Everything was falling off of my face. Do you have any tips for keeping it all together or is it generally just a messy mask?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...