I love this picture. I could stare at it all day. I took it early in the morning last weekend at a family farm.
It's interesting because I have a fear of horses. I have never liked riding them. I don't like to pet them. I even took horse lessons as a child, but I was always a little too anxious about what might happen to fully enjoy it.
My mother was a champion horse rider. She rode them without a saddle through the Nevada desert and won horse shows. Unfortunately, I don't think I inherited an ounce of that.
It's because they're unpredictable that I don't like getting too close. I prefer to just look at them, like this. And appreciate what they stand for: freedom, and an adventurous spirit.


I could look at that photo all day, too :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! :) I often forget that flat, cornfield-covered Illinois can be beautiful, too.
Deletei love this photo too! looks so serene, and promising.
ReplyDeleteThank you! :)
DeleteLove the photo and quote!
ReplyDeleteThat's so interesting that your mother was a champion horse rider!
I've only ever ridden a horse twice in my life. I think that's enough but if given the chance I think I would go for it again haha.
They really are majestic creatures! Just..very large ones haha
Delete