Sunday, December 8, 2013

A festive update!

It's snowing right now. On a Sunday morning, with the Christmas tree glowing, and a warm mug of hot water with lemon. Mmmm heaven.

So I haven't blogged in like...three weeks? Two weeks? And all kinds of things have been happening. I even wrote up two blog posts, had them ready to post, and decided against it. I just didn't want to share things for a couple weeks, for some reason.


But I am here now, and I have a grand array of things that have happened!


1.) I proposed to my fiancĂ©.


Yep. And yes, we did already get engaged. But since we are having a two-year engagement, Tom wanted something of his own to show he's engaged! I got him a simple sterling silver band from our jeweler to later be replaced with a wedding band.


After I picked it up from the jeweler, I didn't want to just toss it at him and be done with it. So I thought I would actually propose to him. Because why not have a little fun with it?


So here is what I did: (These pictures are crappy, I still haven't figured out the whole night-setting thing on my camera...but you get the idea!)







^^^^His favorite cookies! These are, of course, what was in the "Marry Me?" box. I didn't really know what to write on that...like, "Will you accept my proposal to be engaged back to me?" didn't have a good flow to it.

I recorded a song for him and had him listen to it while I set up. Then, it directed him to meet me outside , where I presented him with his ring and cookies! He was very surprised:) And his family sneakily watched the whole thing, and clapped for us haha.

2.) We put up our first tree!

So, a little backstory on our tree...


When we first put this up a couple weeks ago, it had only my ornaments on it. A lot of Disney princesses, a sparkly unicorn, a creepy "Cats! The Musical" ornament that sings, a groovy "Girls Rule!" circa 2002...all the good stuff. So we added Tom's sister's Beanie Babies ornaments, an Adventure Time sword, a Magic the Gathering card, a Bradley hat and Spiderman. So now it officially looks like OUR tree!

3.) Thanksgiving.


This Thanksgiving was really special to me because it was the first one Tom and I got to spend together, AND our first as an engaged couple! We made gingerbread houses because some of my cousins will be in Arizona for Christmas, visited the Museum of Science and Technology in Chicago, braved Woodfield Mall and ate a lot of really delicious food.



^^^Check out all of our freaky eyes. The Disney tree at the Museum of Science and Industry!

 
^^^A very heated game of Trivial Pursuit, boys versus girls. The ONE question that could have won it all for the girls, I was in the bathroom. And I knew the answer. Still mad.


^^^Tom's grandpa's 90th birthday! He's a cool dude. Visits his friends and four of his five kids every day. I have been wearing that purple shirt a lot lately.

This picture is actually from the bar a couple weeks ago, and I just really like it. Tom and I don't frequent bars...ever...so that was a good time. We had Long Islands and Rum Chata with Club Soda. (Try it. It's fantastic.)

So there's that. This week be on the lookout for our engagement pics and a HUGE announcement! :)



2 comments:

  1. Aw, how sweet and unique! What was your fiancé's reaction to the proposal? I'm sure he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He was definitely surprised, which was awesome, because I can NEVER surprise him haha.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...