Saturday, July 28, 2012

Girls' Weekend


Morning!

We are in the midst of a pretty sweet girls' weekend round these parts. My roommate Jess is in town, and I have so loved having another girl around.

The festivities started Thursday night with avocado hair masks (Horribly disgusting. Fabulous results.)

1/2 avocado + 1 egg + 1 teaspoon olive oil+1/2 hour wrapped up in a towel
=Happy hair for a week.

(I have to double that recipe. Lotta hair.)


Then we took a stroll along the appropriately-named, ritzy neighborhood of Grand View Drive.




And then went to a local concert, where middle-aged drunk women flocked by the dozen. It was lots of fun. And we got lei'd. (Ha Ha?)




More to come! 

Also,
my coworker showed me this online.

IT IS AWESOME.

Maybe I only think that because I'm an old woman at heart, but it's like the handiest thing ever.
So those bananas sitting in your kitchen? Maybe they're too green or too brown for you. You just don't know what to do with it for now, because it's certainly not to your liking.

Not so fast.

Behold the handiest banana ripeness recipe finder! Click the link, and in the lower left-hand corner, there is a button that says "Recipes for all stages of ripeness." You will be amazed. 
Or I am just very easily amused...


I don't even like bananas that much, but it's just too much fun. I will buy bananas now for this reason alone.

Happy Weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I love Grand View Drive! My husband and I would go there and drive around looking at the amazing and enormous houses that we will likely never afford. We also had friends that got engaged there over looking the river.

    Have a great weekend!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, that place is too gorgeous! I was there around Halloween one night when they were all having Halloween parties, and I have never seen so many luxury cars in one place haha. I figured they'd give out some sweet trick-ot-treating loot.

      Delete
  2. I just discovered your blog via Across the Pond and I think we would totally be friends (I don't know how to say that without sounding like a creeper)...however the real reason I am commenting on this post is that I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on this planet that will NOT eat a banana unless it's super ripe...almost overly so. I don't understand all those "what to do with overly ripe bananas!!!" recipes because I'm just like dude I just eat them. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I have totally said that EXACT same thing to other people when I find their blogs. I'm so the opposite with the bananas, I only eat them practically green. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...